Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Glennisha Morgan's Handy List of Lesbians

An insightful--albeit controversial--list was published recently by a blogger over at Huffington Post. Glennisha Morgan's blog entries nearly always teach me new stuff that I'm glad I learned. If you haven't checked out her work yet, I encourage you to do so.

The list in question identifies 23 Inspiring Women Who Are Blazing Trails for the LGBT Community. I liked the list; I thought it was interesting and included the names of some trail-blazers-to-watch. Chely Wright didn't happen to be on the list, and that's just fine--the names that did make the list are certainly compelling and worthy of reflection.

We are now closing in on three years since Chely Wright came out, and you'll note there is less opposition to equality than ever before, even (or especially) among country music fans. I have to think there is a connection.