Monday, March 11, 2013

Win A Trip To The NYC GLAAD Media Awards (But Don't Annoy Madonna)


Do us all a favor. Stay on her good side.
Just when I thought I was too intellectual and sophisticated to get into the whole "celebrity worship" thing, I impulsively shelled out $15 for a chance to win a free trip to NYC to "join Madonna" at the GLAAD Media Awards this weekend.

And the best part? You can too!

No really, I'm serious. They are raffling off an expenses-paid trip for two to the awards this weekend--here's a link to the detailsRaffle tickets are $15 a shot or (I think) two for $25, or five for $50. And somebody's going to win, so it might as well be you, right? Or even better, me. As well as My Beloved, who said nothing as I sheepishly reminded her that it was going to a good cause, after all. 

SPOILER ALERT: The official rules have an amusing disclaimer. The Grand Prize winner and travel companion are warned not to engage in behavior that is (I'm not making this up) "intended to annoy." If they become annoying, they will be sent home without compensation.

Isn't that hilarious? They will turn this car around, Young Lady, and no one will be going to the Glaad Media Awards.

It's a risk I'm willing to take, getting on Madonna's nerves. And she won't be the only one there. This cute guy will be present as well:
Captain of Yummy Town

Anderson Cooper himself will be getting a big award for making a significant contribution toward equality. He could also win an award for being one of the few men on earth I have ever really, truly had a crush on. But I doubt if they'll be giving out that award this year, so it will just have to wait. 

But isn't he so cool? I love that guy.

So with that in mind, go get your raffle ticket before 11:59 pm this Tuesday, March 12, 2013, New York time. You have as good of a chance to win as anyone else, and the cash truly does go to a good cause.

And you might just get to...well...keep your hands to yourself, please.