Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hee Haw Salutes...Latvia!

Population 2,070,371
SAAAAA-LUTE!!**
Evidently, Chely Wright has at least a handful of fans in Latvia.

The "analytics" thing that Google sends me indicates that about twenty separate Latvians are checking my blog regularly. I understand that I could be misreading or misunderstanding the report, but the twenty separate individuals part is pretty clear.

Interestingly, this blog's readership in several parts of Eastern Europe has increased in tandem with Russia's unlawful treatment of their LGBT citizens. Perhaps there is a connection. Perhaps I am imagining things--remember, an "increase" for my hapless blog involves modest numbers indeed. (ie, 20 Latvians is about 0.00001% of the total population.)

I'm not sure what this means. I have to wonder, though, if Chely Wright's documentary Wish Me Away has managed to find it's way east of the Baltic Sea. Perhaps the film is inspiring and comforting those whose basic rights are being legislated away. Stranger things have happened.

And P.S. Here is one group's effort to change the situation in Russia. The link will take you to the White House's website: Use diplomatic pressure on Russia to change their laws against their LGBT Community.

**If you don't quite understand the "SAAAA-LUTE" reference, please read here and here. If you do understand this reference, you must be pickin' and grinnin'. (wink)